Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Columbus, OH event July 8th

What a joy it was to see Bill Barndt again. He's my hero! Unstoppable and just a fantastic spirit. Les Stansbury and all the Columbus Pastors are such an inspiration. The caravan is a way for me to support the P4P in a concrete way and work to challenge the blockade. But it's also a way for me to reconnect with old friends and hear about local struggles firsthand and be energized by all the people I meet along the way. If you've never been on a caravan and you're an activist, don't miss the chance to participate in this incredible project next year.

The turn out in Colunbus was very good as was the pot luck. We were hosted by Old First Presbytarian Church. I ran into Albert Bey who came by to hear the presenation. Hadn't seen him in at least 10 years!! What a great organizer and solid friend of Cuba. Ned and I stayed over at Celso and Berta's who turned out to be former Chicagoans and knew all the same folks I know here. It's a small world.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home